din v: social media miniatures
March 1-31, 2022
din v represented our first foray into the virtual space, presented exclusively on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. This month-long exhibition featured a world premiere every day of the month of March 2022, in the form of 31 audiovisual miniatures by 5 mixed media masters. The show boasted our largest audience to date, with over 5,500 total audience members and 22,000 video views!
7 Works by Angela Blumberg [YouTube Playlist] [Instagram] [TikTok]
8 Works by Nina Boujee [YouTube Playlist] [Instagram] [TikTok]
7 Works by Sara Constant [YouTube Playlist] [Instagram] [TikTok]
5 Works by Ming-Bo Lam [YouTube Playlist] [Instagram] [TikTok]
4 Works by SlowPitchSound [YouTube Playlist] [Instagram] [TikTok]
Din of Shadows IV
May 3, 2019
The Music Gallery
Our fourth event was graciously presented by The Music Gallery's Emergents series, and supported by Roger D. Moore. A pair of mesmerizing marimbas anchored the programme, summoning glimpses of cloud landscapes, utopian structures, pedestrian reality, and bleak underworlds.
1. Selections from Glass Houses (1981) and Rivers (1979) - by Ann Southam, choreographed by Ming-Bo Lam in collaboration with Serena Finlayson and Brianna Salmon [*choreo premiere]
2. Last Song (2019) - by Angela Blumberg, music by Domenic Jarlkaganova [*premiere]
3. Outside Inside (2019) - Quinn Jacobs [*premiere]
4. Living Room Music (1940) - John Cage
5. out of grains, within clouds (2019) - by Julia Mermelstein, choreographed by Angela Blumberg [*premiere]
Din of Shadows III
March 8, 2019
Inspired by the sounds of popular music, our third outing featured electric guitar and bass, drum set, turntable, electronics, and a pair of screaming horns! Our final double-header at Array (for now!).
1. Visual EQ'd (2019) - Cheldon Paterson [*premiere]
2. Invisible Evil (2019) - Quinn Jacobs [*premiere]
3. Ancient Rhymes Unwinding (2018) - Quinn Jacobs
4. Now Lost Text (2019) - by Andrew Noseworthy, text by Bekah Simms [*premiere]
Din of Shadows II
May 5, 2018
Our second show, our second double-header, and a double-bill! Showcasing two extended works for an interdisciplinary ensemble of two dancers, actor, bari sax, viola, piano, percussion, and electronics.
1. Drifting, Vividly (2018) - by Julia Mermelstein, choreographed by Angela Blumberg [*premiere]
2. Anima Sequentia (2018) - by Quinn Jacobs, choreographed by Angela Blumberg [*premiere]